the-thing commented on PR #77:
URL: https://github.com/apache/mina/pull/77#issuecomment-6065019095

   I had a look at the PR and it makes sense to me, but I clearly do not 
understand all the pieces. I'm not questioning the design, but I was more 
curious about the fact that at some point you decided to remove synchronized 
blocks from the code, but they were initially put in place, because you had a 
glimpse of failing scenarios. 
   
   > They were commented out in 
https://github.com/apache/mina/commit/62643fece507fb5ceb8be2e8d5bdd6d6b06586b6 
("alright lets remove all the synchronization from the queue flushes"). That 
was an experiment on the in-progress bugfix/DIRMINA-1173 branch. I never meant 
it to be merged. The branch was later merged into 2.2.X together with unrelated 
maintenance work, so the experiment shipped in 2.2.4. This PR restores the 
intended design.
    
   So the bottom line is that this particular commit should have stayed.
   
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to