elecharny commented on PR #77:
URL: https://github.com/apache/mina/pull/77#issuecomment-6074453075

   > > I had a look at the PR and it makes sense to me, but I clearly do not 
understand all the pieces. I'm not questioning the design, but I was more 
curious about the fact that at some point you decided to remove synchronized 
blocks from the code, but they were initially put in place, because you had a 
glimpse of failing scenarios.
   > > > They were commented out in 
[62643fe](https://github.com/apache/mina/commit/62643fece507fb5ceb8be2e8d5bdd6d6b06586b6)
 ("alright lets remove all the synchronization from the queue flushes"). That 
was an experiment on the in-progress bugfix/DIRMINA-1173 branch. I never meant 
it to be merged. The branch was later merged into 2.2.X together with unrelated 
maintenance work, so the experiment shipped in 2.2.4. This PR restores the 
intended design.
   > > 
   > > 
   > > So the bottom line is that this particular commit should have stayed.
   > 
   > It should have been reverted. It was an experiment because I was on the 
email thread with someone who wanted to run tests with some harness they were 
unable to share with me. The literal `//` comment out is the giveaway it was 
not intended to be merged. Let's just call it a miscommunication.
   
   I'm probably the one who merged the change into trunk by mistake. The mail, 
thread was off the dev mailing list, between Jon, me and two other people, and 
it was related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-1173.
   
   @jon-valliere you wrote that:
   
   "I’m still a little concerned about the additions I made.  It is very much 
an experimental version which has to be enabled manually.  The last commit I 
made makes it even more so.  The original version, IMHO is very stable and 
safely designed."
   
   and that was pretty much the last messages before your change gets merged 
into trunk by me in April, 18th 2024, pretty much 2 months after the mail 
discussion (and I most certainly merged for some other reason, having forgotten 
what it was all about).
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to