Hi Carin,

The discussion [1] was about whether to enable automatic checks on using
old behaviour in new PR's. Kellens PR [2] was about modernizing the actual
code itself and was not up for voting, thus could not receive any technical
veto votes.

Per the discussion (as I have understood it), we won't get veto votes if we
would enable the check on CI, if it would be treated as a warning.

Thank you for merging the PR in the first place. I see no reason for
reverting it.

Best
Anton

[1]