Hey Carin, I don't think there's any issues merging this PR.  The veto'd
aspect was around _requiring_ modern loop usage, and failing the build if
clang tidy detected modern loops could be used but weren't.  The original
PR included a check for this and would fail any builds not using modern
loops.  Several people didn't like this aspect so I updated the PR and
removed that overly-strict check.  The current PR doesn't have anything it
in that's been vetod.  We're continuing to warn if clang-tidy detects a
loop could be modernized, but are not causing an error (which was actually
the behaviour before this PR was merged).