+1
I disagree about 3rd party considerations. This is an ecosystem after all.
The distributed training story is quite nice with Horovod. Given my
interaction with tensorflow with  Horovod and dynamic training with MXNet
and the kvstore, this new route is, IMO, easier to setup and manage.
I see the benefit for getting it out there sooner than later, and market
timings are important to the project and adoption. If Uber's announcement
drives traffic to MXNet, but then people can't set it up with a stable
release package, there's a lost opportunity for growing the community. Why
miss the opportunity for a RAT license?