Hi Travis,

I don't know anything about the AJAX compoents so please excuse me if this is a silly question. But why are the AJAX components requiring "forceId" in the first place?

If a component's true id at the back end is "form1:subview2:table3", then why not use that id in all the AJAX stuff rather than requiring the table to use forceId?

Travis Reeder wrote:
Yes, I can use forceId=true when I want it, but my sentiments exactly
(about altering the id), if I set an ID, it would be nice to not have
to set forceId="true" also.  Especially in this new rich client /
ajaxing era that we seem to be rolling into.