Sean Schofield schrieb:
So, +1 for a SoC project on this component; but for sean it may come too late :)

Yes too late for now but I could use it in the future.  I can think of
many situations where this would be helpful.  IE 6.0 adds to the
already slow process.  It only takes 500 + rows with a few columns of
components and things get noticeably slower then without JSF.

Sean, I am not sure if a dynamic scroller really eases the burden that much, it looks cool, but thats it, in my opinion a real paginable data model on top of the already existing jsf table is the better option, way less burden on the server and in the end I think the response speed and is way better and the load on the server way less.

If you simply only load one page per time or do 5-6 chached pages the results especially with an underlying db which allows proper pagination (most do nowadays) are way better.