Ok, as soon as apache svn is up again I will create a core branch
called "jsf_1_2" so that Stan is able to commit his work.
Dennis, I don't think that a vote is necessary now. Just get the jsf
1.2 stuff up and working (EL, TCK, ...). We will do the vote as soon
as we are ready to merge the new code down to the trunk.

Let's hit the gas!

Manfred

On 5/12/06, Jesse Alexander (KSFD 121)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> good point. I remember when I tried to replace some JARs inside a
> container (it worked)
> but our QA told me that this will cause problems @ customers`s side.
> They pay much money for a container and replacing JARs can cause loose
> of support form the vendor side.

Even when the customers engineers agree to do it, management will give
a thumbs down ;-)

> Anyway, let`s do the JSF 1.2 impl. Java EE 5 will not be part of
> production at big big big customers. so containers like Geronimo or
> OC4J (just to name two) will be able to take the MyFaces JSF 1.2 impl
> to their system

Even though the big companies are likely to be late implementers, all
AppServer-Companies have to get working NOW... It might need some
marketing
to convince some appserver-people to wait for MyFaces 1.2

regards
Alexander