On 5/24/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As far as I can see, we never ever try to release a version out of the
> 1.2tc6 branch. So no need to do any special maintainance with this
> branch - just an archive.

This part confuses me.  I was under the impression that Stan was 90%
of the way there.  So why would we plan on abandoning this work in
favor of a watered down version?  I still haven't heard a compelling
reason for two different branches for JSF 1.2 supported by two
different groups of MyFaces committers.  We've got 5 - 6 active
committers that work on the core on a regular basis.

If what Stan has done independently doesn't suit us, then we can
choose to ignore it.  (I can't say since I haven't looked at it.)  But
I don't think we should just throw it in to SVN and then start working
on a less complete version that works on Tomcat 5.  What features of
JSF 1.2 that don't require Tomcat do people think we need right *now*?

There's a separate issue as well ... a partial implementation of 1.2 couldn't pass the TCK, and therefore couldn't be released, either.

> Ciao,
> Mario

Sean

Craig