I'm currently working on the annotation processing stuff (@ManagedBean, @ManagedProperty...). Already made a first attempt for the managed beans, but there is still some work to do (converters, components, event listeners, etc). I hope I can apply the same logic for those other components as well.

With Werner working on Ajax and Simon on Facelets, we already cover a large portion of JSF2. Facelets is big, though, since it also contains tags for all components, EZComp, JSF2-Facelets/Original-Facelets switching, etc... Resource handling/relocation is also a mandatory requirement for Ajax to work.

But I think an alpha release should at least contain these essential JSF2 components: AJAX, Facelets, annotation based configuration. I think those components are the base of the JSF2 work. Adding in other features should not be too hard when those three are in place properly.

About Shale-test, is it right to use Shale classes in MyFaces Core? Of course it's just the unit tests, but in some way it's still a cyclic dependency which is usually a bad thing...

/Jan-Kees