Hi Cris,

Simon Ratner has made a number of improvements to newt which should
help with the native Windows support.

I have not had a chance to try those out (as I don’t have Windows setup),
so I don’t know what the exact state is. But they did seem pretty good.
I do recommend trying that out. And improving those, if necessary ;)