Hi,

> 1. Try to convince to Apache managers (I don't now the correct term)
> for an exception to allow you accept commits from external
> contributors (like me).

All and any contributions are welcome, that is not he issue here. The board
requires oversight of at least 3 (P)PMC members. For incubating project
generally the committers are the PPMC.

> 2. Follow your first proposal, create a new github organization, for
> example (github.com/myriad) and working there.

As the software is under the Apache license anyone can do this, you don't need
to ask for permission.

> Maybe in the future we can try go to Apache incubation again.

And I’m sure the Apache incubator would welcome that.

> I guess we are three people with interest into continue the project,
> you, Juan P. and myself. From my side I am working in a local fork for
> enhancing some stuff.

Alternatively if the people above have contributed and promoted the project
(I’m sorry but I don’t know the full history here) and the currenrt PPMC
recognise that and votes you in as PPMC members then that may be enough to
continue the project at Apache.

Thanks.
Justin