Hi Oscar,

I have to say I don't know the initial motivation of this design. You
are right the way of starting Myriad, strongly coupled to YARN is a
little bit weird.
Because of lack of activity of the initial committers, this is a
question that probably we never get a clear answer.

By the way, your proposal, according with MYRIAD-295 is, from my
understanding, the right way to go ahead with the project.

This new design is totally aligned with the further Myriad UI design
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYRIAD-279).

The document design of this new UI here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16gA67RXoPK24OIxDMNNhuYS8ioScI1eOBR-XMMPjWQE/edit?usp=sharing
--
Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh