Hi all,
Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have to say that I'm a little bit confused by all this.
> Even though I am in favor of an EN native-lang project, I'm afraid it >would be created now for the bad reasons.
> It is not because the Marketing project pretendedly does a bad job >that an EN project should be created.
> This community has rules and is coordinated in a way that can be >criticized, but still in a way that has allowed us to survive and gain >some significant market share since 4 years. It is not because some are >frustrated that our community should divide itself into "structural >forks", like an EN NL project.
> I just cannot let this happen. We all know that we need more >independence, more power and ressources to accomplish the purposes of >OOo.
> We all know that we are going to live exciting and hazardous times >because a foundation will have to be created, and that who will be >inside it and who will invest in it is still not clear. This is why a >project, and especially such an important project as an EN NL project, >cannot be created out of frustration.
> This is why, although I usually don't do that, and that I hate to do >this, I vote -1 for the EN NL project.

If I agree that an EN project should not be created out of frustration, however I think that what Ryan and Ian expressed has to be taken into consideration.
I'm surprised that we say "no" to people offering time an energy to our community. I feel that this is not the concept of the NLC. I'm surprised that we say "no" without proposing anything else. Please don't see all this as a critic, but more interrogations.
I feel that saying -1 doesn't give any answer to the strenght of community they asked for and the help they need to manage this community, even if I understand well that this could not be done in emergency and in response to a possible fork.

Kind regards
Sophie