Charles wrote:

>appease the tensions at first,

Consider that the tensions are a result of not having an NLP in the first place.

> This question can be today answered in two ways:
> -an EN native-lang project (not created out of frustration or in a desire of
> going somewhere else)
> -regional groups of users.

For English, regional groups make slightly more sense than one NLP ---
if only because regional groups could handle translation into English
better.  [The difference between British English, and American English
is a lot more than Boot/Bonnet.  Likewise, the difference between
South African and Australian English is much more than vocabulary.  (A
triple negative in American English is a very ambigious "yes".  A
triple negative in South African English is an emphatic "no".)]

Mitigating against regional groups, is where English is spoken.   It
is a collapsing language in North America.  That is where I think
_most_ of the native English users live.

A north_american_regional_group would, by default, have to include, at
a minimum, Spanish, and French.  [French being an official language of
Canada.  Spanish being an official language in two states and the
dominant language in five states of the united states.

[OOo 1.1.4 does not support Spanish (US) as a Locale.  That should be
fixed for 2.0.]

xan

jonathon