Yup, that makes sense to me, at least, to focus on LSP instead.

Indeed, we should have asked in that discussion whether they'd like to
donate their Kotlin plugin to Apache NetBeans. Personally, I ended up being
very frustrated with their continual "well, there was never much interest
in this plugin and Kotlin in general from the NetBean community", etc,
while that very clearly was not true and they never created a solid plugin
to begin with.

Gj