On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 17:53, Matthias Bläsing
<mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu> wrote:
> Even better, Oracle would be in the
> position to change the wording of the license if necessary and they are
> the only ones, that could do it.

Actually, they can't - and I'm going on the basis that they're not
going to write a completely new license for ASF! ;-) The CPE might be
tweakable but it's a standardized wording, so I can't see that
happening either.

Anyway, this is OT.  I stand by the opinion that this is one that ASF
needs to resolve itself, as the idea of Java being a "platform"
dependency gets overtaken by real world events.