On 6/14/19 2:45 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 17:44, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
The spec version increase on master has happened.

I'd question the need of the branch spec version increase. It can be
done later if we create patch versions from specific modules. Though,
Jaroslav sees these thing on more detail than I do.

On master the version increase shall happen (if it were on me) the first
act right before the merge window would be reopen for 11.2.
Thanks!  That's exactly my understanding and opinion on this too, so
at least we agree on it! :-)

Sorry for the delayed reply - busy finishing some work off to free up
some time early next week to do the first beta.

Am I right in thinking you linked directly to the build artefacts
rather than staging the testing releases?
Yes, for 11.0. Since we didn't have an announced beta/rc/vc releases it seemed to be easier.

Out of interest, did you PR all required changes into the release
branch or push directly to the repo?  I'm inclined to the former as a
sanity check on whether I've picked up everything that needs doing
anyway.
I usually announce the release workflow usually around the time when I cut the release branch. Basically for cherry-picks, as they were reviewed for master once, I committed them directly to the release branch unless it would result a non-trivial merge. In the later case I asked for a PR from the author(s) specific to the release branch.

I'll also clone your JIRA task list from NB11.0 at some point later
today and see if I can figure out which tasks are no longer required -
any pointers to that would be useful.

Thanks and best wishes,