I think that GitHub discussions are mainly focus On things once they have been
submitted for acceptance and in the case of PR discussion are more like “code
review” type discussion

I think that JIRA Discussions were more discussions leading up to the
resolution of this issue and identifying analysis and possible solutions.

Believe that breaking up into the tribes or more specifically component domains
with domain subject matter experts leading and monitoring component specific
tickets.

Suspect mentoring around the component area may help grow the domain expertise
and will get more involvement.

Maybe additional test development and/or how to reproduce will help work some
of this to determine if something is fixed, even better if its a unit test and
automated.

May helpful maybe need to have some form of change control board of some type
that can manage that as well.

Maybe leveraging Jira dashboards could help some as well to hep drive things as
well.

Eric Bresie
ebre...@gmail.com