On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 20:49, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well tools JIRA vs GitHub could be a side discussion though as you might
> noticed, I'm mostly a JIRA guy.

The problem is more the level of UI complexity for the casual / end
user.  It takes too long to work out how to find anything, or plough
through all the fields.  And if you go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues and use the
obvious search box to look for anything you end with everything from
all over Apache!

So, I can see JIRA being a better tool for project management, but
it's not a surprise to me that we have masses of issues that are
duplicated or not particularly useful.

And the fact that conversations on issues then get split across
different areas (like GitHub PRs) also becomes a problem.

Reading old Bugzilla issues seem more useful, informative and
connected to the development process than what we have now.  But I
wasn't involved (much) then.  How was that process different?

> I use the following dashboard:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12332552
>
> And from time to time, check the recent issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12332552

Those two links are the same?!

Better linking in of such things, along with simplifying and guiding
people through the issue filing process would be a good thing.