Often times the issue filler has no knowledge or time to actually fix
anything. In an ideal world they would provide patches but it's not
possible. (Not to mention I had a ton of patches grow stale in the
Oracle Bugzilla so even a patch doesn't do much actually).

Maybe we need a NetBUG program similar to the NetCAT program? Specific
periods of time when it's all about bug fixing / triaging? Not sure...

Bounties was an idea, but depends on scale I think. I have some
NetBeans bounties on the CoolBeans site and nobody ever claimed them
(1 single person asked some questions but didn't start work).

--emi