Keep using the version of Netbeans you are using.  There's no "rush" for
you to upgrade.

That said, however, the "rush" to get off JDK 8 is speed and features.  JDK
8 is not capable of many of the current features of JDK 21.  To expect the
developers to remain stuck in past decades and to not use the best of Java
is unreasonable.

Just my $.02.