Hi Oliver,

Am Montag, dem 08.04.2024 um 08:55 +0200 schrieb Oliver Rettig:
> I have not really understand the problem and the options to solve them but it
> sounds for me that seperating graalvm- and graalVM-based-js netbeans modules
> is a good idea?

The problem is, that GraalVM/GraalJS (as bundled with NetBeans ) is
currently broken on JDK 22. GraalVM uses Unsafe and in JDK 22 some of
the used methods were removed from that class.

The naive update of GraalVM/GraalJS to 23.0.3 seemed to work, but later
showed that it also fails, just slightly different (still accessing
Unsafe).

So I just tried to force version 24.0.0 into the current module
structure. I tried two approaches both failed.

Maybe this is a trivial problem for someone knowledgeable, but from my
POV this is release critical and the request to fix problems in that
area:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6925

was ignored for the last 3 months.

This needs attention from someone with knowledge in the area and if
that is not offers, I do see replacing graaljs with rhino as a fallback
option.

Greetings

Matthias