On 08.04.24 20:18, Matthias Bläsing wrote:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6925

was ignored for the last 3 months.

not that it changes anything at this point but it was known much longer than that.

The last update attempt https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6369 bumped the version as much as possible but even the version it bumped it to was was already EOL at that point.

The outdated graal situation was also tracked via https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/4904, the last update only bought a little more time.

GraalVM changed polyglot language features from being JDK extensions to regular maven dependencies. The NB test setup expects everything to be in the JDK - and it essentially needs all language extensions:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/6925#issuecomment-2003319844

this is btw a prime example of why I am always pushing to keep dependencies up to date - the alternative is having to solve many problems at the same time.

So I just tried to force version 24.0.0 into the current module
structure. I tried two approaches both failed. Maybe this is a trivial problem
for someone knowledgeable,
At some point graal changed versioning back to JDK versioning when it jumped backwards. So I don't really know what JDK verison graal-sdk 24.0.0 is meant for.

Martin Entlicher contributed in that area before and knows both graal and NB. Going to ping him via github / #7248

best regards,

-mbien

Greetings

Matthias