Hi Geertjan,

There are three kinds of contribution agreements. The individual one, ICLA, is
required for all committers. You are all familiar with this one.

The second is a software grant. This is specifically to grant rights to the
code to Apache from the owner, which might be a corporation or an individual.

The third is a combination software grant and contributor enumeration, called
CCLA. It contains a grant and lists people from the corporation who are
specifically authorized to contribute code that is owned by the corporation,
including but not limited to the grant.

Any of these documents should be scanned and sent to secret...@apache.org.

The grant/ccla specifies the code/documentation/images to be contributed.
Usually the code is already in a public repository and the grant simply
provides the url to the code being granted. Can the ZIP file be uploaded to a
donor-owned repository like github? This approach makes it extremely easy to
trace what happens to the code as it is imported into an Apache repository.

A separate agreement is usually executed to donate trademarks. That discussion
should be directed to tradema...@apache.org .

Regards,

Craig

> On Jun 13, 2017, at 2:58 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
> <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all, especially our mentors, and others with Apache experience,
>
> How does Apache prefer to receive donations?
>
> Say hypothetically a donating organization has a ZIP file containing the
> source code to be donated, and a grant document, and now the donating
> organization is thinking exactly what to do with the ZIP file and grant
> document -- can someone advise the precise next steps, with variations, and
> their sequence?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geertjan

Craig L Russell