Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 12.09.2017, 19:28 +0200 schrieb Attila Kelemen:
> If someone gest hired, I don't see the point of voting. I think a
> simple introduction would be enough, there is nothing to base your
> vote on (unless in the very unlikely case if you know something
> sinister about them). Since committers' actions are very visible, I
> don't think the risk is high.

in all fairness, if Oracle trusts an employee, that does not mean, that
I trust him/her by proxy.

There still needs to be a discussion which development model is being
followed. It is suggested, that each commit needs 3 +1 to be merged.
While I still doubt that, this will work, it will make trust easier, as
nothing get directly into the repository. If the commit-than-review
model is followed, a graduation period seems sensible, in which also
new employees of oracle won't commit directly, but need to be sponsered
by existing committers.

This is not directed for the current situation, but a reply to the "an
employee is trusted by default".

Mfg

Matthias