Hey,

Am Dienstag, den 26.09.2017, 09:17 +0200 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> [Discuss-Request: Focus on getting a release out or adding functions]

if I'm not mistaken, the netbeans 9 feature freeze had already happened
 when the migration to apache began. I would focus on bugfixing and
blocking new features.

With the apache migration process there is enough development needed,
just to get the codebase releaseable. Libraries need to
removed/replaced, if the are incompatibe with the apache project
(SwingX is LGPL and so can't be distributed with apache netbeans) or
installers to get these libraries at runtime need to be implemented.

While I agree, that adding new features would pull more potential
contributers, I would consider a stable base more important, to get
going from there. Java 9 is out and the excitement is already there and
people ask for netbeans 9, so I would prioritize that.

My 2 cent

Matthias