Hi Jan,

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017, 13:28 Jan Lahoda, <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. work on a branch in the main repo (or a "prototypes" repository), but
> only push using pull requests to it (which is what I understand is Neil
> proposing)
> 3. work on a branch in one's GitHub repo, but have a perpetual pull request
> open against the main repo covering the work (which is what was my original
> understanding of what Jesse was proposing)
> 4. work on a branch in one's GitHub repo, send pull request when ready

If you read back through what Jesse and I have said, in particular his last
email in that thread, I find it really difficult to find any fundamental
difference between these 3 options.

One way of looking at it might be that you do your work on your fork repo
(you being anyone!), we all collaborate through the ASF repo. A PR is a
discrete piece of work that makes sense to merge - some perhaps to master
for release, some to a development branch if it's a big feature that
requires collaboration.

btw - I wasn't suggesting a PR per push, but for each discrete thing that
was ready to share.

Best wishes,

Neil

> --