On Feb 23, 2018 11:16, "Neil C Smith" <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:

That has been there for a while.  I'd much prefer Gitter if we're going to
have one (and not sure if it's a good idea or not) because it's visible
without signing up.

You can see the history and all here without signing up:

https://netbeans.slackarchive.io

Too, notice the channel layout for topic separation. We also have IRC and
Slack integration to service both there.

I think if one uses Slack for any period of time they will find it the best
chat experience even over HipChat (and others), but definitely over Gitter.
I am definitely biased having used many of them and finding Slack just does
it right; IMO of course.

Thanks

Wade