That would be great. How/where do we petition for it? :)

Gili

On 2018-03-15 6:34 PM, Ryan Cuprak wrote:
My two cents, I think we should start a petition for JavaFX. It probably is a
resourcing issue at Oracle with competing groups/managers. The function of user
groups/community is to provide feedback to Oracle on things we think they
should invest. We shouldn’t frame it as a JavaFX versus JavaScript/HTML because
that’s counterproductive. It is a good technology, people are using, and we
want it at least part of the platform and not removed if not enhanced.

Note: technically I think we need JavaFX as it brings touch and rich media
support to the platform. It does give us that Webview component which enables
tighter JavaScript/HTML integration (using a derivative of the engine used by
Chrome/Safari).

-Ryan

On Mar 15, 2018, at 3:45 PM, Fabrizio Giudici <fabrizio.giud...@tidalwave.it>