On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, 22:34 Ryan Cuprak, <rcup...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My two cents, I think we should start a petition for JavaFX.

Why am I thinking that the real petition needed to happen about 5 years ago
and involved numbers of people using it?! ;-)

> Note: technically I think we need JavaFX as it brings touch and rich media
> support to the platform. It does give us that Webview component which
> enables tighter JavaScript/HTML integration

Well as the person who accidentally ended up as the maintainer for the Java
GStreamer bindings, the media lib also used in JavaFX, don't get me started
on how un-rich the rich media support in JavaFX is!

However, touch, etc. is something else. In fact an AWT++ that provided some
necessary parts for modern desktop integration, providing just enough hooks
for third-party things to link in nicely, would be something I'd like to
see in the JDK, or at least fairly standardised.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith