Windows has a concept of "global" installs vs "user specific" installs. The former goes into "c:\program files". The latter goes into c:\users\xxx\AppData.

Netbeans is kind of odd in that it installs into the global location, but uses user-specific directories for data. It probably makes sense to ask users whether they want global vs user-specific installs and then keep the data in each respective location (instead of crossing the wires).

Gili

On 2018-03-20 5:39 PM, Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva wrote:
  @cowwoc

I was debugging and hacking lombok, and so making Netbeans crazy. I won't
go through the details in this thread to not hijack it and I will answer
something in the other one soon. However (lombok aside) it is rare for me
to get Netbeans confused about something, it was much more common some
years ago.

Also, I understand about the security stuff, but I guess that this should
be optional. If Alice and Bob cooperatively programs in the same computer
both with their own users, then if Alice installs a (say) Jenkins plugin,
Bob shouldn't be required to download it once again. Also, if Alice
compiles that maven project with millions of dependencies that downloads
the internet, it would be a pain if later, Bob have to do it all over
again. So, maybe there could be a setting somewhere to say (a: "I use
Netbeans exclusively within my user account"; b: "I want to share my
Netbeans with other users accounts of this computer").