On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Excellent. So, where is your DMG solution, please?
>
> Can you stop sending e-mails for the moment and create the solution that
> you're missing? Yes, maybe you don't know how to do that, though maybe you
> can invest the time that you would have spent in replying to this in
> learning how to do what it is that you believe should be done?

Apparently you're only allowed to contribute to this list if you have a
pull request pending.

That's fine.

But, before I go, it's was not even clear there was consensus on what to
do, what was desired, and was positing potential alternatives. For all I
know, folks would rather have a MacPorts or Homebrew solution and tell the
MacOs users "Let them eat bash scripts!".

That said, looking at the git zip download, there's most certainly evidence
of the ability to create the Mac installers, which was kind of my base
puzzle. These existed before, where's the scripts to build it? The actual
build scripts I can't find, I don't know if they are on/lost with the
Hudson server (I can't seem to connect to the one linked at the nb.org
page). All of the hudson.* directories seem to relate to NetBeans hudson
support, not the build.

Finally, the Apache infrastructure has a build bot running on a Mac Mini.
If the original build scripts can be found, and the proper permissions
acquired on the Mac Build bot, then, ideally, the previous build can be
ported to the new infrastructure.

Ideally, this shouldn't have to be a clean room reinvention of the wheel if
it were deigned to be something that the group still wanted to have
supported.

But, I don't know.

Regards.