On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:23 PM, Will Hartung <willhart...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Tim Boudreau <niftin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If anyone shows up on the mailing list complaining about performance, we
> > > can tell them to get rid of the image and copy the bundle over.
> > >
> > 99.9% of people who have that experience will NOT show up onn the mailing
> > list here. They'll simply use something else - perhaps blogging about the
> > experience, or writing something on social media, or telling friends
> "don't
> > use NetBeans".
>

> I was just thinking about this, and, while there may be others, Apache
> isn't that well known for it's "desktop" software.
>
> However, there's Apache DS Studio.
>
> Here's a link to their download page.
>
> https://directory.apache.org/studio/download/download-macosx.html
>
> I mentioned this simply to show that others are doing it within the Apache
> eco-system, so we should be able to also.

And here's how you can subscribe to their dev mailing list to ask how they
did it and how you can do it too to create the solution you're missing in
Apache NetBeans: dev-subscr...@directory.apache.org

As soon as you've done it and have a working solution, I'll be very happy
to make a nice YouTube clip to explain how to use it.

It will be a great addition to the Apache NetBeans project and I really
encourage you (or anyone else missing a DMG solution) to pursue this path.

Thanks,

Gj