On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:34 PM Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/tree/master/profiler
I have spent quite a bit of time on this but not made any real progress.

The crash happens in native code, due to some calls made by
Java_org_netbeans_lib_profiler_server_system_Stacks_getMethodNamesForJMethodIds
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/c2ea8f1a9aeb79392583102e456cd912364db399/profiler/lib.profiler/native/src-jdk15/Stacks.c#L215-L327)
which is called from Java by getMethodNamesForJMethodIds
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/c2ea8f1a9aeb79392583102e456cd912364db399/profiler/lib.profiler/src/org/netbeans/lib/profiler/server/ProfilerInterface.java#L393-L407)

I can't see anything obviously wrong with these functions.

I have installed a Windows post-mortem debugger (WinDbg) and my
intention was that the crash would activate the debugger and allow me
to get more information on where the crash happens in native code.
Unfortunately I can't figure out how to trigger the memory dump (I
tried various registry entries from StackOverflow and MSDN). Does
anyone know how to do this (or know anybody who might be able to tell
me) I imagine the Oracle folk would know straight off.

Pete