Hey Guys,

as far as i can remember, someone (maybe geertjan) said smth about a dedicated
team, paid from Oracle, working on NetBeans. I think it was half a year ago or
more or less when he said that.

So my question is, who are those people in person, how many are there and what
are there priorities for the next time? I ask for a good reason.

I know that everyone of us is NetBeans but not everyone has time to impelement
the cool and missing stuff into NetBeans. I still see a higher prio of Java
topics (and still the transition phase which i also know) and we miss still a
lot of other topics (HTML, JS, CSS, scss, less, etc.)

I can remember that Petr Pisl was THE guy for JS, at Oracle. He and maybe one
other, implemented ES6, ES7 and jsx support which is awesome. Afaik he is now
working on other stuff at Oracle and can't find time to contribute to Apache
NetBeans anymore. So there is a big person missing for the web stuff that i
mentioned above. Unfortunately, lack of time and lack of knowledge i can't do
all of that by myself, definetely i will contribute.

So long story short, if there is a dedicated team, it would be good, if
possible, that a product owner can manage time for not only Java stuff into
NetBeans but other language support too. Yes i have some things to count what
is missing and what other IDEs have it now for months or years. And yes i will
implement some stuff too, when i have time and when i have help and a better
understanding of all the stuff.

Cheers

Chris