Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 3:39 PM Christian Lenz <christian.l...@gmx.net> wrote:
> ...I already heard those names but I didn’t know which people are from
> community like me,
> working in his freetime (for some I can guess, for some not) on features and
> who are the
> people are still get paid from Oracle...

FWIW, putting full-time and casual contributors on an equal footing
(given similar merit) is a key aspect of Apache projects.

All decisions are made by the (P)PMC for the good of the project, with
everybody acting as themselves, as opposed to representing their
employer or any other organization.

One cannot say "we must do this because my employer needs it", you
need to have a valid technical justification, and sometimes the part
that your employer needs goes elsewhere as an additional module. Or
even better, the code is refactored to be more modular and allow for
variants that someone's employer requires.

But in the Apache project it's all about the project, with everyone
acting as an individual.

HTH,
-Bertrand (NetBeans incubation mentor)