Von: Geertjan Wielenga
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Februar 2019 15:12
An: dev
Cc: d...@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Team in India

You know them already -- see them here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/graphs/contributors

rtaneja1, sarveshkesharwani, arusinha, and vikasprabhakar.

Who are these people? What have they contributed? It's very easy to see --
click the link above and you'll see their commits.

They've been focused on bringing the NetBeans code over from Oracle to
Apache, which has been really a lot of work, as well as bringing in new
features for the latest releases of the JDK, e.g.:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Feature%3A+JDK+12

Their focus is and will remain in the Java area of Apache NetBeans.

In the same way as various community people are working on the Java/Jakarta
EE support of Apache NetBeans, e.g., Josh Juneau and Pete Whelpton, similar
things should/could be happening in the JavaScript area.

Chris, you can really help -- personally, I'm not going to investigate
things just because you shout loudly about things. Instead, I'd be happy to
be involved, together with you, as equals, together with anyone else -- but
only if we can work calmly and rationally, with a clear list of priorities.
I am not going to investigate something simply based on your understandable
frustrations, that is not the basis of anything useful -- that is called
"the squeaky wheel getting the grease".

So, here is where you can put clear outlines, i.e., specifications, for new
features. E.g., I'd love to work on Vue support. But what is Vue support?
What does a Vue project look like? What capabilities should it have? Yes,
you have an issue, but what we need is a specification so that we can work
on a clear set of functionality for each JavaScript feature we together
consider priorities to work on:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Feature+Request+Outlines

Can you do this, it would be a great contribution to Apache NetBeans, to
lead the delivery of specifications for missing features in the JavaScript
area. Again, no, this is not a request for a response with a long list of
issues. Instead, those issues need to be grouped around features that we
can work on implementing together.

Thanks,

Gj