I've been playing with 1.x in the evenings, trying to understand the REST
API and it's documentation for NIFI-2237
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2237>.

I really like what I've seen so far, so I thought I'd toss out some
observations before they slip away forever.

The finer grained security model is great!  Both the initial admin and
legacy users file work well.  The policies took me a bit to get my head
wrapped around, but they make sense and offer a very high degree of
control.  The policies were overwhelming at first, and I found myself
wanting some bulk change tools to apply a multiple policies to a user or
add multiple users to a policy, but predefining policies against a group
and just adding users to the groups makes it very manageable.  It might be
useful to have a sample configuration that models the 0.x roles in policies
and groups as a starting point, I see it's in the transition code for the
legacy users, but that still doesn't create groups for the roles.

The UI looks great.  Personally, I find the anchored palettes on the left
obtrusive compared to a toolbar, especially when the "fit" button positions
processors underneath them.  Granted, they can be minimized, but I don't
think the Navigate functionality is accessible elsewhere like the Operate
palette functionality is.  I'm sure it will grow on me.

I've noticed that "NiFi Settings" appears at the top left on the banner
line, slightly cut-off by the tool bar below it.  The div contains that
text within it, but since the banner message is applied as the background
the original text isn't overwritten and still shows sometimes.  It does
seems to go away in some cases, I've noticed it gone, but I haven't
correlated any specific action with it going away.

Great job!  I've been focused mostly on 0.x, so it has been exciting to see
how far 1.x has come.  :-D