Folks,

I have been privately working on a number of "processors" focused on
orchestration of cyber security related activities (eg update firewall
rules with data provided via an HTTP endpoint) etc.

While some of these tasks can be easily solved with generic NiFi components
or with little (or no custom processors at all) truth is that most security
practitioners just don't get it.

Result is that unless you show up with a processor called UpdateCiscoAcl
(random example), people's brains just melt.

I have been considering spinning up a separate project, based on a cut down
version of NiFi, that will employ the base framework towards this specific
use case by publishing specific processors that generally do not appeal to
the rest of the crowd.

My base rationale is the following:

- Reduce the need to add processors to the master tree and require people
to review processors that are of very limited use outside specific contexts.
- Improve overall user experience for this particular use case
- Reduce impact to the NiFi brand by the release of code that errr, may not
be up to the standards of my fellow committers ;-)

Given my position as a PMC member and profound respect to all of you, I
would like to reach out to the rest of the team for you overall thoughts
about this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.