+1 (with some comments below):

Tested:
- signature okay
- checksums okay
- LICENSE, DISCLAIMER okay
- NOTICE has more than needed (lines 6-95 should be deleted for source zip,
I don't believe a showstopper but fix for next time)
- incubating in name
- mvn clean package (okay on Windows and Linux with JDK8 )
- mvn verify  (okay on Windows and Linux with JDK8)
- mvn apache-rat:check -Prelease (okay but perhaps excludes too permissive)

Comments
- KEYS present in the jar but should not be (I don't believe that is a
showstopper but remove next time). It's a separate channel verification
mechanism.
- KEYS should be in release area only, i.e.
https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/nlpcraft/KEYS (there should be a
single source of truth for this file - I suspect not a showstopper for
first release but can you move before incubator vote?)
- JDK version to use would be good to mention in email and README (I am not
a Maven guru but it seems that you have Maven enforcer configured to check
that at least JDK8 is used but not a maximum version, yet with JDK11 I get
an error during Scala compilation[1])
- I am unsure why the javadoc folder is needed in the source (it seems to
be rebuilt in target/apidocs? Or is that Scala specific files? If so, can
they not be built too? But I did notice some warnings[2] - perhaps that is
why?)
- The rat check excludes seem to exclude more than needed. In general, you
want to exclude the minimum possible files and only then if there is a
valid reason for each exclude. Rat would pass with reduced excludes [3].
- I did notice some other warnings[4][5] but given the JDK8 build
requirement, I believe they can be ignored.

Cheers, Paul.

============

[1] Error on Windows and Linux with JDK 11.0.6:
[ERROR] error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/tools/ToolProvider
[INFO]  at
scala.reflect.io.JavaToolsPlatformArchive.iterator(ZipArchive.scala:301)
[INFO]  ...
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
net.alchim31.maven:scala-maven-plugin:3.3.1:compile (scala-compile-first)
on project nlpcraft: wrap: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException:
Process exited with an error: -10000 (Exit value: -10000)

[2] [WARNING] Javadoc Warnings [multiple warnings, one shown below]
[WARNING]
D:\tmp\nlpcraft\050\apache-nlpcraft\src\main\scala\org\apache\nlpcraft\model\opencensus\NCZipkinExporter.java:21:
error: package org.apache.nlpcraft.common.config does not exist
[WARNING] import org.apache.nlpcraft.common.config.*;
[WARNING] ^
[WARNING]
D:\tmp\nlpcraft\050\apache-nlpcraft\src\main\scala\org\apache\nlpcraft\model\opencensus\NCZipkinExporter.java:37:
error: cannot find symbol
[WARNING] private static class Config extends NCConfigurableJava {
[WARNING] ^
[WARNING] symbol:   class NCConfigurableJava
[WARNING] location: class NCZipkinExporter

[3] Rat check still passed with the following changes:
Removed:
                                <exclude>docs/**/*</exclude>
                                <exclude>zips/**/*</exclude>
                                <exclude>LICENSE</exclude>
                                <exclude>KEYS</exclude>
                                <exclude>DISCLAIMER</exclude>
                                <exclude>NOTICE</exclude>
                                <exclude>**/*.html</exclude>
                                <exclude>**/*.txt</exclude>
                                <exclude>docs/**/*</exclude>
Changes:
        FROM:            <exclude>**/*.json</exclude>
        TO:
<exclude>src/main/resources/geo/countries/*.json</exclude>

[4] [WARNING] Discovered module-info.class. Shading will break its strong
encapsulation. [multiple times]
[5] [WARNING] jaxb-impl-2.4.0-b180830.0438.jar, jaxb-runtime-2.3.2.jar
define 536 overlapping classes:[...details elided...][multiple similar
warnings]