Hi Folks,

A first candidate for the Nutch 2.4 release is available at:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nutch/2.4/

The release candidate is a zip and tar.gz archive of sources in:
  https://github.com/apache/nutch/tree/release-2.4

In addition, a staged maven repository is available here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenutch-1016/

We addressed 81 issues:
  https://s.apache.org/bFfL

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Nutch 2.4.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Nutch PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Nutch 2.4.

Cheers,
Sebastian
(On behalf of the Nutch PMC)

P.S. Here is my +1
     Unit tests pass and I've successfully run a small test crawl
     using HBase 1.14.10

P.S. Note that the release of 2.4 is considered to be the last release
     on the 2.x branch. Development on this branch has been retired
     with no active committers working on it and as Nutch PMC we feel
     unable to upkeep the support of the 2.x branch. More details will
     be shared as soon as 2.4 is released.