On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what I used to do for the old releases (from 8.2
> tools/README.txt, from show 6168f3ebf046e4c3d5561bfa96a39d0f02b771db):

snip

> -logparser.c
> ------------
> -
> -  Convert a git log to ChangeLog format.  Recommended usage:
> -
> -    git log --date-order --reverse <rev1>..<rev2>|HEAD >_git_log.tmp
> -    logparser _git_log.tmp >_changelog.txt
> -    rm -f _git_log.tmp

I think I understand the problem a little better now. It seems that
commits that are cherry-picked from master to a release branch get a
new commit hash... And if my understanding is correct, that would mean
that any attempt to figure out what's new in 9.1 (that didn't slip
into 9.0) is going to be futile.

For example...

$ git log master --not releases/9.0 --not nuttx-9.0.0-RC1 --no-merges > log.txt

That log file contains:

[[[

commit 4476a16a1a2d68c930f2d1c2476b7f1d53162cb6
Author: Nathan Hartman <59230071+hartmannat...@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Fri Apr 24 10:17:36 2020 -0400

    README.txt: Address issues raised in -RC0 review

      * Add INTRODUCTION section with a brief summary of Apache NuttX
        (Incubating), a link to documentation at the project wiki, and
        a note about the project's incubation status. Most of this
        text is copied from the project website, with some minor edits
        for this README format.

      * Add COMMUNITY section with information on Getting Help, the
        project's Mailing Lists, Issue Tracker, Source Code, and
        Website Source Code. Like the text in INTRODUCTION, most of
        this text is copied from the project website, with some minor
        edits for this README format.

      * Update download and GIT locations.

]]]

Okay, now let's look at 9.0...

[[[

commit 8f01ded09d7bf3a2958edda8e773d21fa4a38510
Author: Nathan Hartman <59230071+hartmannat...@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Fri Apr 24 10:17:36 2020 -0400

    README.txt: Address issues raised in -RC0 review

      * Add INTRODUCTION section with a brief summary of Apache NuttX
        (Incubating), a link to documentation at the project wiki, and
        a note about the project's incubation status. Most of this
        text is copied from the project website, with some minor edits
        for this README format.

      * Add COMMUNITY section with information on Getting Help, the
        project's Mailing Lists, Issue Tracker, Source Code, and
        Website Source Code. Like the text in INTRODUCTION, most of
        this text is copied from the project website, with some minor
        edits for this README format.

      * Update download and GIT locations.

]]]

Same log. Different commit hash.

By the way, it seems that we never tagged the final 9.0 release. There
doesn't seem to be a nuttx-9.0.0 tag, only nuttx-9.0.0-RC*.

Anyway, I'll have to continue this later.

Nathan