I was encountering the same error while trying to run NuttX 10.x / nimble
on NRF52832, tracked it down to insufficient ram available.
The nimble nsh-app were present in the builtin-apps internal lists, but
when trying to allocate application stack NuttX will return an error code,
and it seems all allocation error codes when trying to start an nsh-app
will result in that "command not found" error message.
I think enabling some memory debugging flags in nuttx will show you the
correct error.

So this isn't a nimble problem.

Med vänlig hälsning
Erik Englund