On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 09:36:25PM -0300, Alan C. Assis wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> You can use 320KB only if you don't need to use WiFi and BLE.
>
> The memory is used but the WiFi/BLE driver!
>
> Do you remember the old days where your video card used to eat your main
> memory and you should define in the BIOS how much memory the video card
> will use?
>
> Same thing here! ;-)

200k is a lot.
Interestingly I started with the ethernet setup and my intention was ethernet
only, but in the meantime I do need wifi as well.
Anyways, ethernet is started and wifi compiled in as well.
There was a problem (in my old nuttx codebase at least) that the ESP32_emac
code didn't like to be compiled with CONFIG_ARCH_PHY_INTERRUPT, which the
wifi enable enforced.
I dissabled that in the esp32_emac code.

However, I have ethernet started and wifi compiled in, but not started and
that's my meminfo:
           total       used       free    largest  nused  nfree
Umem:     230384      19120     211264     12995

So some RAM must have been added somewhere else.

--
B.Walter <be...@bwct.de> https://www.bwct.de