On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:01:20AM -0300, Alan C. Assis wrote:
> Yes, Abdelatif is right, I think only Bluetooth requires a reserved area of
> the RAM.
>
> For WiFi the driver itself on the NuttX kernel is enough.
>
> Currently there is no support to direct boot on ESP32 (to avoid using the
> bootloader), only ESP32-C3 and newer chips have support for it.

Well - in my case I needed ethernet.
But unfortunately I'm chasing a problem right now in that the system hangs
after a short while, which is somewhat reproduceable.
That's why my first investigations also went into memory and stack issues.
But I am using an older NuttX, so things might be a local issue.
Additionally I needed local hacks to get ethernet running because of my
hardware hacks to work arround the PHY clock issues.
Not going to love the ESP32 for ethernet.

--
B.Walter <be...@bwct.de> https://www.bwct.de