Hi Nicolas,

During my work on the bootstrap theme [1] (which got stuck due to other tasks) I stumbled upon some problems which possibly get solved by your approach or we can consider a solution for it during the work.

In detail, I'm referring to [2] where you had the same problem I'm facing: Instead of displaying the application menu bar when it is active I want to have the menu items as sub level items in a global navigation sidebar. It does not seem to be possible completely dynamically because of the configuration inside the screen definitions but it might be better doable if we would have a configuration standard for the menus, using always the same patterns (convention over configuration).

Do you already have an idea how to solve this/ will the new approach help with this?

Another base question is how we can provide different style classes and ids to the base html code so that we can reuse the html but use different UI frameworks with their specific style class terminology. It would be great if users can choose their preferred UI framework like Bootstrap, Foundation & Co. to build new themes. Will this be covered by your approach?

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/de49bb2fd2f9c82ab99bd08e603e9625c9c5a532a80b5226ccd5a4fc@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/91e3e5cab3b233f9587d69f0419eb652744cc5afcd39bc97df269ace@1444926106@%3Cuser.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

Thanks,
Michael