Hi Sharan,

I think a participation in the GsoC is a good idea in general.

I'm not sure if the proposed topics are suitable for such a program, especially if the students are not familiar with OFBiz. They need a lot of knowhow and learning before one can be productive and the mentors must spent a significant amount of time to support them.

So, from the ASF perspective this might be a good idea, but for the project it is not efficient.

We should find some simpler topics for the GsoC to make this a reasonable initiative. At the moment, I have not the right idea what this could be.

Best regards,

Michael