Thank you Michael for starting this thread.
When discussing this, we will also have to consider that OFBiz currently
depends on several other Open Source products that will have to be
compatible with the platform we will choose (however, considering that
backward compatibility is maintained in new Java releases this is not going
to be a major concern).

Jacopo