Hi devs,

a quick heads up for this topic.

After following the release strategy and thinking more about it, I think that most users will go with a subscription model and subscribe for an LTS version. The costs are moderate [1] and I assume that few users will go through a repeating 6 month "early access - update - test - go live" circle for free Java versions.

Java 11 EA is available [2] so we could start to test with it.

The latest Intellij Idea already has support for Java 11, I suppose that it will come for Eclipse Photon shortly also.

I wonder if we should base the OFBiz 17.12 release on Java 8 or Java 11. We have no fixed release date yet so we might have time to do it.

Another way would be to make a new branch which will support Java 11.

What do people think?

Best regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de

[2] http://jdk.java.net/11/

Michael Brohl
Geschäftsführer

Fon      +49 521 448 157-91
Fax      +49 521 448 157-99
Mobil    +49 160 3664918
Xing     xing.com/profile/Michael_Brohl
LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/michaelbrohl

Company and Management Headquarters:
ecomify GmbH, Gustav-Winkler-Str. 22, 33699 Bielefeld, Deutschland
Fon: +49 521 448157-90, Fax: +49 521 448157-99, www.ecomify.de

Court Registration: Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRB 41683
Chief Executive Officer: Martin Becker, Michael Brohl